Sunday 7 September 2014

CRM 2013: Are You Missing ‘Imports’?

A brief post, are you feeling not comfortable to find where is your ‘Import Job Status’ after you do the Import function.

We know that after we submitted the data for import, we can check the status by clicking this ‘Imports’ hyperlink.

image


But.. I realize that the users often get missed this link which they will ask to you where the place to check their data status, imported successfully or not.

In CRM 2013, under the workplace sitemap, we have this link and easy to access:

image

But, in CRM 2013 (especially for organization not from upgraded CRM 2011) will not have this shortcut.

I know and I know we know that we can just go to the Settings –> Data Management –> Imports

But, it can be very troublesome, especially if you want to hide sitemap in CRM and want to prevent the common users to access the Settings area.

So, I have to say that my customers miss this ‘Import’ in sitemap.

Thus, we need to add this.

http://xrmtoolbox.codeplex.com/

1. Go to Sitemap Editor.

image

2. Connect to the Organization.

*Existing Connection

SNAGHTMLb1b3f1

*New Connection

image

3. Load SiteMap

image

4.  Add new Sub Area in the expected sitemap location group/area

image

*I put in the Sales –> Tools

5. If you select Entity, you cannot find the Import entity, then just type: ‘Import File’ in the entity name

image


image

6. Save and Update SiteMap

image

*You can save sitemap.xml backup as well before you Update SiteMap

image


image

7. Test the result.

image

*To show the ‘Import’ in the security role, you need to have ‘Data Import’ Read access.

image

Hope this helps you all!

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing , this is prefect for me because I am trying to find more sources to get inspired.I appreciate you taking the time to make this for me.
    student retention crm
    student enrolment software.
    crm for higher education

    ReplyDelete

My Name is..